Sunday, February 13, 2011

Church

My kids are old enough that church has become really quiet for me. I often find myself peering over my shoulder when a toddler erupts into a temper tantrum or something of the like. Recently, I have sort of become annoyed, even a little bit, dare I say judgemental. But today at church a little toddler, that I absolutely adore, saw me during a talk. He smiled and gave his mom a heck of a time until she realized he wanted to get out to see me. So she let him and boy I ate some humble pie. He's cute, he's sweet...he's also so easy to laugh at. Which doesn't help him be good. My kids were laughing and playing with him and I was quickly realizing how hard it use to be for me in church. So, long story short, or not so short....I need to be more patient to those around me and try and help more. I love my calling in the nursery, it has been a great experience. The kids are warming up to me, they even lean on me when they need a shoulder to cry on. or snot on, but anyway they warm my heart. I love them so much and I can't wait to go back next Sunday and play again!

No comments:

Post a Comment