Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I didn't ask!

Do you ever get an answer to a prayer that you never asked? Well, that has been happening to me a lot recently. I have been really really wanting to get the kids desks (so in my heart I guess I was praying). But under the current plan (which is to madly pay down our last debt) I just have sucked it up, and realized that the day would soon come that I could get the kids a desk. So last week I visited my granny and she brought me out to her garage where she showed me two very nice desks she was adament that I take. So the next week we went to go get them. I painted Elizabeth's white and it turned out adorable. She even helped do the prep work by moving and sanding the desk. Joseph and David's desk is full of little nooks and crannies to put all their boy stuff in. I didn't ask, I was merely being patient and the blessing came. Last year the same thing happened with David's piano. We got a free piano because David's music teacher's boyfriend was getting rid of it. He even hauled it over to our house with a broken foot and all. I was a little afraid because beggers can't be choosers, but wow, it matches the dark wood decor I have in my house and everyone comments on how beautiful it is. Also, about two years ago, a really good friend of ours gave us a car. Enoch was elated to have a newer and better car. It's a little on the fritz right now, but we have been soooo grateful! Heavenly Father has always blessed us, but I am seeing him back us up as we are trying to get out of debt. I feel like there really isn't room to receive and my testimony is growing so much! But this isn't all my dear friends! Really it gets even better. A man in our ward, who happens to be a dear friend of ours, said that he had a washer and dryer in his garage, almost brand new. Guess what? He's giving them away to us for free. Our current situation with our washer and dryer is bleak at the least, but once again I'm just being patient. It's just been so amazing, my cup runneth over!

No comments:

Post a Comment