Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Birthday...

Yesterday was a really wonderful day! But I'll be honest, last Saturday I wasn't very happy when all my plans or "expectations" were blown out of the water. With the help of two sick kids, a sick co-worker (which led to my hubby being on call for the whole weekend), and a fill in for church, my birthday weekend was smashed to smithereens. So, I was grumpy (I'm adopting this adjective from my aunt Eileen). But I realized how being "grumpy" really only hurt me, I decided to knock it off and get with the program. So, yesterday I cheerfully made some fun strawberry short cakes, took them to the school and celebrated with my kids at lunch time. I got a lot of, ooh what are those for, comments? Seriously, are you that deprived? But the kids were happy that I thought of them and that we got to celebrate a little during the day (these birthday things must be celebrated all day)....(or even all week or month...) But then after school, and I wasn't expecting this, Daddy threw a party for me and we had cold stone cake and the kids gave me presents. Each present really represented what they wanted, but hey, I totally understand, I do that a lot! Except Joseph gave me a cute little mini globe. Enoch got me the one thing I asked for, a tree. Hopefully it will keep me company during the day and I came nickname it Wilson or something. I do have one picture and one video taken by my fired camera man. He's trying at least. But my point is, he's at work, and the pics are on his phone, so I'll have to nab those later....

No comments:

Post a Comment