Sunday, March 20, 2011

First things first

Let's start out with a update. A few posts ago I talked about letting my big kids be big and changing some things to put that into force. So how is it going? Very well! The other day I told David, "You are such a good boy, oops, I mean young man!" He threw his arms around me and said, "Thank you mom!" Obviously he already knew he was a young man, he was just waiting for me to catch up. Sometimes his size will fool you, he's still pretty short. But he really is a young man, t-minus 9 months and he'll hold the priesthood! Oh how things are changing, but these changes are sooooo exciting.

So, along the same lines, I'm realizing that I need to do a better job of putting first things first. That involves a lot of patience I realize, however, it's really changing the way I treat my kids. What do I do more of? I say YES a lot more and NO at a very big minimum. It's really made life more enjoyable. The kids are happy and I'm happy, it's really a win win. So, after 11 years of being a parent, I'm finally.....sort of...somewhat....not at all figured a dang thing out!

1 comment:

  1. Glad things are working out! I had to laugh at your nacho post the other day. Jared LOVES nachos, and would eat them every night if I would let him:) Thanks for the parenting advice.

    ReplyDelete