Monday, April 18, 2011

Crying repentance

Yesterday night we sat down as a family and watched Samuel the Lamanite from the Liken the scripture series. This is one of our favorites and it ALWAYS makes me cry at the end...(I won't spoil it for those of you who haven't seen it) Anyway, it sparked a missionary flame inside of David and he went and got his scriptures and said, "I want to cry repentance!" So this morning, I woke up to a determined son, well actually now Joseph was on board, and they were ready to bring their scriptures to school and share the gospel. They both said they were going to skip recess to share the gospel with their teachers. Melt my stinkin' heart! So my budding missionaries started off to school with scriptures in hand. I started my day with my usual elliptical work out and soon after I get a call from Dave. He iterated that basically because of church and state, he couldn't share the gospel. I reassured him that he shared the gospel everyday by being a good example and he seemed satisfied, but then I started envisioning my child, my dear sweet innocent David, up on his proverbial wall (aka Cole elementary stage) actually crying repentance. I don't know what actually happened, I did call the school to see if the principal knew, but he didn't. Although he said he would talk to David and call me later. I can't wait to hear this!

No comments:

Post a Comment