Monday, April 11, 2011

and the results.

Remember way back in March (as my kids would say, "a long, long, long, long time ago last month.") when I said we were eliminating nachos from our nightly routine??...well our diet has changed quiet a bit and the results are in. My before weight was (yes I'm really going to tell you) was approx. 134 lbs per the doctor's scale. Enoch's before weight is sort of a mystery, he hasn't been to the doctor in years, but the last time he weighed himself he was 185ish. So the results are, I'm down 10 lbs and Enoch's (he could sneeze and lose two) under 170, a whopping 15ish lbs. So we had to literally buy him new pants, his ring is loose and so is his watch. Me, I gain most of my weight on my belly and my upper arms (I know super silly)! So my pants are loose, but dang I'll have to buy a belt because I just bought these humdingers. This was no crash diet I might add, just getting rid of fat I didn't realize was there i.e. salad dressing, sour cream, butter...or maybe I realized it was there and I wasn't ready to let it go. But I have found better substitutes, like raspberry balsamic vinegar, uh to die for on salad or rice or fish...etc Then the supersilly logic of eating less, I mean I don't need to be rolling out of the dining room after dinner. I just eat more often and only if I'm hungry. Proud of us?

1 comment:

  1. Bravo for you, it's not easy to eat more healthy foods. So many tempting goodies abound!!

    ReplyDelete