Thursday, April 21, 2011

My hair is too poofy

This morning, my daughter stood at the mirror, brush in hand, very angry that her hair wouldn't cooperate. Boy do I ever know what that's like. I have fought many battles with my hair, sometimes won, majority lost. So I am empathizing with her, however realizing that this hiccup in our day is eating up precious time before school. So I try gently coaxing her, "Darling it looks fine." She says, "But I want my hair to look like Kambrya's." "Darling, Kambyra's hair is naturally curly." She replies, "Yes, but her hair is never poofy (not true, it incessantly poofy) and the sides of my hair are poofy." I said, "Here's your choices either it can stay like that or I can help you." Angrily she relents, "You help me." So I do, and by the obvious look on her face, it still hoovers big time. I step back, turn around and giggle, because that has been me so many times! Sorry daughter, thus begins the battle!

No comments:

Post a Comment