Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What I do!

Here is my promised list of things I do.....most of the time

1.) I meal plan...and it really saves us money and aggravation. Yesterday we had a wonderful homemade broccoli, potato and cheese soup. I know it's good when it's quiet.

2.) I eat chocolate, nachos and ice cream on a daily bases. We are trying, trying half-heartedly, to cut out some of the junk at night, but we had a big plate of nachos last night. It's our little date at the end of the day.

3.) Which leads me to, we have a date every night. I think the reason why we do this is because Enoch used to work swing shift, midshift and also study during that time. Now that he is working relatively normal hours and is out of school, we really value our time together.

4.) I squeeze the toothpaste from the bottom up. see number 10.

5.) I pack the kid's lunches everyday. It's really expensive to buy school lunches and the food is inferior. Plus I'm a little bit of a spoiler and I like to pack lots of candy and kool-aid (see my post about day camp)!

6.) I always greet Enoch with a hug and a kiss. I also brush my hair, touch up my make-up and gargle some mouthwash. Who wants to come home to a stinky, grungy looking wife....I wouldn't!

7.) I am competitive in pretty much everything I do, however I am really good and telling myself I need to knock it off and relax. I usually listen.

8.) I enjoy cleaning. Call me crazy, weird, very unusal, but I really enjoy it....however I am learning to try and not do it too much. I let the floor get dirty, the laundry pile up and dishes wait...over time I have actually not washed the floor for like three whole weeks. I was quite proud.

9.) I know this is a "do list" but I don't mind picking up after my husband. I find it actually really endearing that he puts his dirty clothes in the sink in the bathroom. I really missed that when he was in China. But I kinda don't like when he leaves the closet door open in our bedroom, but I try not to care.

10.) Lastly, but not lastly because I do a lot of things, but I am frugal...I really strrreeeetttttchhhhhh all our dollars. Look at my makeup when it is about to run out. I pretty much break the bottle open to get every droo. I don't throw the peanut butter jar away until it's clean. I just can't throw something away unless it's ALL used up! I have been teased for this, especialy when I was younger, because I would never ever ever let one ounce of food on my plate go to waste. Ask my mom, even if I didn't like dinner, it was cleared off (I was extremely hungry too) gone, el fin, nothing to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment