Wednesday, March 16, 2011

No more nachos:(

It's true, the rumors are correct, the foundation of our date nights has just dramatically changed (I'm inwardly crying) there will be no more nachos every night of the week. I came to the realization a long time ago, that fried chips, large amounts of cheese every night of the week well, was doing a number on our bodies. We are still pretty thin people, but the after shower look in the morning doesn't lie. So, it's been one week and we've cut back dramatically. Last night we had baked chips with just salsa and we even counted out the chips to make sure we stayed within our limit. Sounds so funny, counting chips and all! But because of that I've over hauled our menu. We have had one healthy meal after the other and the kids and daddy are raving. We had Shrimp Creole on Friday night and the pan was squeaky clean afterwards. I've copyed chiptole's salad for lunches (minus all the goodies) and often times just eating an orange and veggies for a snack at night. I'm realizing that I really never paid attention to calories, grams of fat....yada yada yada, because I'm thin. But I got to thinking about the inside parts of me being greasy, clogged and yuck! So here's to eating healthierish and eating fruits and veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment